Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Beginning.

Ever since sixth grade, I've wanted to write a book. I would begin writing about some love story between a guy and a girl, yet for some reason, I'd never finish. Over the years, I tried writing something new, something different, but never got beyond the first few pages. Thoughts began to develop in my mind saying, you simply can't do this. You're not good enough
I believed them. I stopped attempting to write books and instead began writing poetry and blogging. Soon enough, despite any good things said by my friends, I thought anything I wrote would never be worthy of reading.

In general, I've always wanted to make a difference. This desire was like a fire burning in my core, constantly poking and prodding at me from the very depths of my mind. However, everywhere I turned, I was let down; cornered by a dead end. I'd think to myself, you're only sixteen. You're not like those people in your favorite books, with some sort of super power or special training. What could you possibly do? 

In simply beginning this book, I have doubt seeping into my mind. I have a 2.29 accumulative GPA. I'm not as old as those other authors. Heck, I'm 16 years old. I don't have extensive vocabulary, nor do I know anything about writing a book.


Today, I'm going to write despite those doubts. I am not writing to be noticed, to be accepted, or in order to be known. I have no desire to be known. However, with every part of me, want Jesus Christ to be known. I'm writing so that just maybe, though these words, others will learn about my Savior. That these words will been seen by more than the few people who read my blog, and maybe, just maybe, make a difference in one persons life.

My mother once told me the Lord has given me a gift, just as He has to each of us. She said I can use this gift to glorify Him, to spread His light in a world that has been left in darkness. My hope in writing this book is that they will not be my words, but the Lord's. My hope is that whoever reads it, will see that there is more to this world than pain, more to us than just this life, more to us than what we have done in the past; that there is not a single person too far gone to be saved.

That despite what we may feel, we are always loved, and never left to fight this war all alone.
We are never too much, and always enough.





"But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord,
I wait for God my Savior;
my God will hear me.
Do not gloat over me, my enemy!
Though I have fallen, I will rise.
Though I sit in darkness,
the Lord will be my light.
Because I have sinned against Him,
I will bear the Lord's wrath,
until He pleads my case
and upholds my cause.
He will bring me out into the light;
I will see his righteousness."        


-Micah 7:7-9

No comments:

Post a Comment